Welcome to SEO in Practice
You're about to grab the second 2013 edition of SEO in Practice. It's an updated version where you'll find even more of efficient SEO techniques than in the first book. And I show you ins and outs you need to know of today's Search Engine Optimization.
Here's the underlying principle of this book: the main thing of SEO is practice. Yeah, learning SEO makes you smart — but doing SEO drives your site up. With this guide, you'll be learning and doing SEO from the very first minute, and see how exactly you'll take your site to the top of Search Engines, where the sweetest spot is.
I've been discovering all tricky web promotion techniques for many years. Several years ago I put them all in the SEO in Practice guide and I'm glad it turned out to be very useful to most readers, just like I hoped.
Now I'm glad to offer an updated version which contains even more of valuable information. Don't worry though. Such core features as simplicity, illustrative examples and ease of rendering were left untouched.
And believe me, what you'll see is amazing. As soon as you get down to reading, you'll find out how just a few tweaks to your site skyrocket your bottom line — and how you can ensure long-lasting success.
So the #1 goal of this whole book is not simply to teach. It's to show you the exact steps that alone will let you jumpstart your website sales — and do that easy, free and fast.
Sure, to get going with your own SEO campaign, you don't have to wait till you read the whole book. The sooner you start, the earlier you get the results. So grab the first chapters — and get down to optimizing your website right now.
Just like before, I urge you to comment on what you read, discuss the techniques, say what else you'd like to be covered. Post comments or just email me at email@example.com if you want to discuss your own SEO-related questions.
Now, is your site ready for the huge popularity that's coming? Grab the first chapter and see!
Please log in to get full access to SEO in Practice. Or aren't you registered with SEO in Practice yet? You still have a chance!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to your SEO guide
- Chapter 1: 100 Keywords for a Good Start
- 1.1What? Why? When? How? And other questions to get started
- 1.2Choosing Keywords
- 1.3Making Your First Ranking Report
- Chapter 2: How do we play by Search Engines' rules? (Avoiding crawlability problems)
- 2.1Do Search Engines know about you, and do they know enough?
- 2.2Invite robots to your site
- 2.3Make your site Search Engine-friendly: 11 things to consider
- 2.3.1Make a robots.txt file
- 2.3.2Find fast and reliable hosting
- 2.3.3Rewrite dynamic URLs
- 2.3.4Navigation matters
- 2.3.5Use text links instead of images
- 2.3.7Remove the Welcome page
- 2.3.8Fix broken links
- 2.3.9Get rid of duplicate content and What is rel = "canonical"?
- 2.3.10Correct HTML and CSS mistakes
- 2.3.11Create a sitemap
- 2.3.12Get all data you need in a minute
- Chapter 3: An offer they can't refuse (create mind-blowing landing pages for Search Engines and people)
- 3.1Imagine you're on a plane, or What's a landing page?
- 3.25 keyword portions: choose what's best for each landing page
- 3.3Prepare the ground for a "comfy landing" (finding a page to act on)
- 3.4Size matters! In SEO...
- 3.5Making the first On-page Optimization Report
- 3.6Tune up the landing page
- 3.7Make your page a gem
- 3.8Magnetic, sure-fire, pushing and simply great: 4 more pages to be done
- Chapter 4: Getting on the move: where your link building starts
- 4.1Words for talking link building
- 4.2What's the purpose of links?
- 4.3Sites vote for each other
- 4.4What links to get?
- 4.5Quality of links
- 4.6Link farms and FFA sites
- 4.7Factors that make up quality links
- 4.8Grow your links regularly and at a natural speed
- 4.9Look where the link can be placed
- 4.10"SEO after Penguin" checklist
- Chapter 5: Finding SEO gems, or how to get premium one-way links?
- 5.1Five important components of a link building campaign
- 5.2Best ways to get weighty links
- 5.3Power charge and speed up your link building
- 5.4The winning tool to select the best link opportunities
- 5.5The smartest way to see what value links bring
- 5.6No-Brainer SEO Surprise
- 5.7Rank checks are still a must